Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hair Tips

This is a long shot, but I've decided to put some hair tips on my blog. I will try to do at least one a week. I am a stylist by love and trade. I am now a stay at home mom, that does some hair on the side still. I miss being in a salon and hope to go back one day. Of course after my children are in school. I would not want to miss a day of being with them.
So this is how this is going to go. There is a stylist in the town that I live who has a tip of the week in our little town paper. Some of the time I agree with him and some of the time I do not. I will tell you what his tip is and why or why I don't agree. I hope some of you find this helpful and fun to read. This should also keep me on my toes.
Next weekend I will be going to a hair show, so maybe I'll have some fun things to share with all of you: new products, styles, etc. Maybe even some pictures (if possible).
If you ever have questions, please feel free to ask them.

So here's my first hair tip. In this guys section of the paper he says this season to highlight your hair from mid shaft to ends. I disagree! The two ladies he refers to are Ellen Pompei from Grey's anatomy and Samantha from Sex in the City. I have never watched Sex in the City, so I'm not sure what her hair looks like. But I can say that for the Grey's star, in my opinion she looked really bad at the end of the season last year. I thought they had her looking that way because of her character and what all she was going through. So, for the hair, it was part of her role, not a style. A few other reasons, some people use color to give them volume. If you don't use it on your roots, where's the volume, it's all on the ends. One other thing. Your ends are usually the most damaged so why would you want to help contribute to the process? Anyway, this is my tip of the week. If I were you and you were getting highlights or color I would ask your stylist to get as close to the scalp as possible. This also helps in the amount of time you can go between visits to him or her.

9 comments:

Cole said...

Yay hair-girl!
You're so funny, I love the tips. I just bought a round brush (like yours :) and I can't use it properly, I need 4 hands, can you give advice on that?!

Kari said...

Actually I can. Next time we're together I'll show you how.

Amanda said...

I love that you'll be doing hair tips! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

You haven't said anything about your father in law? How is he? Lets chat soon...elise

nick, robyn and taylor said...

What a fun idea to give hair tips. I'll definately be checking in. To answer your question about the paint, it's ACE Hardware brand and it's called Jericho. I'm glad you like it.

Robyn

Kait said...

I love the hair tips! BTW, I haven't forgotten about the tag. I have been sick this past week and haven't caught up on my blogging. Your blog looks great! Let's talk soon :-)

Shea said...

Hey! Thanks for the compliment and I LOVE that you are doing hair tips on here. I so miss you being in town!!! Not just for the hair of course!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea!!! I will check in for all the great hair tips you have to offer. Had a blast this weekend. Can't wait for next year.....alli

Amanda said...

Maybe sometime you can comment on a good shampoo that is 2 in 1, b/c I am supremely lazy and don't like to do both!!